My little girl has a cold.
I hate how evil germs can take over such an innocent little person. However, things have gotten a lot easier now that she is able to talk in full sentences. Opposed to her last cold, she now can say exactly what she's feeling: a headache, a tummy ache, congestion (she calls this booger monsters), etc. When she was a baby, all she would do was cry. Because really, that was her only way of communicating her discomfort.
Overall, things have gotten easier this time around. With the exception of one difficulty; administering medicine. I only give her medicine when she gets a high fever. I think cold medicine works as effectively as no medicine at all. And I don't care about those happy-looking children on the commercials; grape, strawberry, cherry, and every other artificial flavoring that goes into medicine. They all taste horrible, and that's why she hates it. Now that she's three, it is so incredibly challenging giving her medicine. I pretty much have to hug her like a bear with one arm and hold her kicking legs down with one of my legs to quickly force the medicine down her mouth with my freehand. It's extremely heart-breaking, but has to be done.
I wish they created children's' medication in the form of a friendly-looking patch. They have patches to suppress nicotine addiction, weight loss, and for birth control. So why not cute medicated stickers to alleviate a child's illness? Hurry up, pediatric medication companies... I'm waiting!

1 comments:
thats actually a really good idea. i think you are onto something..
Post a Comment