Monday, August 10, 2009

Goal of The Week

The last day I felt Joshua kicking in my tummy, I cheerfully laundered his layette. I remembered giggling at the cute little blue and green onesies, socks, beanies, and blankies. I embraced the idea of my son wiggling around in these clothes. That was the last day I felt truly complete in life.


Then what?
Joshua dies. And I come home without him to these clothes that were meant for him. I stuffed them into a bag, and placed them in my closet. Still, they remain.

It's been over four months, and I keep telling myself that it is time to donate them. The local Salvation Army store is just a mere five minutes away from my home. Yet, I can never find the courage to go through with it. And I want, ever so badly, to get it done.

Please, Lord. Help me to get over this difficult leap.

2 comments:

Tina said...

This is such a hard part of losing our children. I have things that were for my girls that I have not even moved yet. I will someday put them away, but right now that is just to final for me. Also, I will probably never use these things for another child or get rid of them. I need to hold on to them, for me it is like holding on to a piece of my babies and I am okay with that.
xx,
Tina

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

For me there are some outfits and blankets and stuff that were really special to me and I plan to put those away in her memory chest forever. The others I will save with the hope that God will give me another baby girl one day. I guess when I'm done having kids if I don't have a girl I will give them to friends with baby girls or donate them. Then again, who knows if I'll ever be able to part with them.

xo
Ashley