Friday, August 21, 2009

God Rescues

My lawyer called me today.


It's been almost two months since he filed the claim against the hospital that killed my son.

They were suppose to be done with their investigation two weeks ago.

Why am I not surprised?

My sole purpose with this lawsuit was to have the proper measures taken on that single doctor. My lawyer has given me peace with that, so I feel like a brick has been lifted off my back.

*Sigh*

Today, is just one of those days. One of many days that I have been stuck in. Something I failed to mention in my story, was the significance of my stillbirth's date. April 5, 2009 was Palm Sunday. The day that Jesus died. I also discovered that the name Joshua is defined as, "God rescues." Laying in my hospital bed with an empty womb, I thought to myself, "Why is this happening to me? Does God hate me? Is God punishing me? Am I that horrible that God did not want me to have this baby?"

God rescues?!

Then a light bulb switched on.

Could it be that the doctor who neglected my baby's 215BPM heart rate would make a similar mistake in the near or far future? Could she have done this to several more babies? Did God foresee a massive baby loss epidemic? Did God choose my little man to end her absent-minded judgement?

Joshua = God rescues

2 comments:

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

I don't think any of our babies were taken from us for no reason. I just wish I knew what the reason was that I'm left to live my life always missing Mackenzie. I pray that your baby boys tragic death was the last at the hand of that doctor. I wish he was still here with you though. I wish your baby didn't have to be the one to bring that doctors negligence to light. Missing Joshua with you tonight.

xo
Ashley

Elizabeth said...

God has a plan for everything. Unfortunately it is not always for us to know what that plan is. After some time we may have an idea as to what that plan is. Sadly you maybe right that your Joshua's death was meant to save many more. I myself am still trying to find a possitive in the death of my baby. After a year and half I still don't what caused his injury that took his life. May God Bless you as you protect other babies from a neglectfull doctor.