I just heard terrible news. My mother's brother past away last night suddenly by heart attack. Out of 13 children, he was my grandparents' sixth child and their first born son. My mother called me crying to let me know that she will be leaving for the Philippines soon. What makes this situation more fragile is that the family is holding back on telling my grandmother. Her health isn't doing so well, and they feel that her delicate state will not be able to handle the news. All of this aches my heart.
2009 hasn't been the best year for our family
- My aunt was diagnosed with stage 3 lymphoma and has been undergoing chemo
- Sweet Joshua Marco was born still
- Grandma became bed-ridden
- Uncle passed away suddenly
Dear Lord,
I know that you have a plan for each and every one of your children. Despite the bad that has happened this year, I continue to have the strongest faith in you. I plead to you, Lord, that you can spare our family by keeping the rest of us safe and guided with your light. Please give our family the strength to endure this pain. Please be with my mother and all of her siblings during this hard time, as they try to find the right words in letting my grandmother know that one of her children is no longer with us. Please bless my uncle's wife, children, and grandchildren; as they will need you the most during their early stages of mourning. Please let my uncle find his way to heaven, where he can enjoy eternal bliss.
Amen

3 comments:
Amen. Sorry about your loss.
I am soooo very sorry!
The year that I lost my son, my father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer, as was my mother-in-law. My FIL didn't make it through the year. Sometimes when it rains it pours! Hoping you find some sunshine soon!
Hugs-
Laura
my prayers are with you. xoxo
Post a Comment