Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family Curse?

Astonishing Facts In Our Family Tree


Grandma (Dad's mother) lost a baby boy. In WWII, when Japan had invaded the Philippines, my grandparents and two of their little children fled to the mountains to hide from the war zone. She then, went into labor and had to face the pain of losing a baby (may or may have not been stillborn).

Grandma (Mom's mother) lost a baby boy. Out of 13 children, a set of identical twin boys had blessed the family. 48 hours after being born, one of the twins got severely ill and suddenly passed.

Grandma (My mother-in-law's mother) lost a baby boy. With a family consisting of four daughters, she lost her only son soon after birth.

-Generation Skipped-

Lianne (self) lost a baby boy. After 34 weeks gestation, the baby was stillborn.


I hope this isn't some kind of family curse. And if so, I hope the cycle ends with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My Mom lost a baby boy at 32 weeks due to some crazy rare infection that killed him in utero.

I lost my baby boy at 22 due to incompetent cervix.

I feel the same way. I hope this isn't some family curse. My sister doesn't deserve to know this pain.

MissingYouAlways said...

yeah I am seeing pictures of mothers holding thier babies hands, I remember after jordan was born he grabbed onto our fingers, all I can think now is, I didnt get a picture, why didnt I get a picture?? I also never got a picture of him still alive that I can recall. I think the last picture posted he MAY have been alive, but I dont remember for sure bc I was on pain meds and out of it, I dont even remember when I stoped holding him, or when they took him away.

these little things eat away at me everyday,
and though I try to stay positive, it is so hard to.
Im sorry about your joshua. he is a beautiful little boy, and I know he misses you very much =)