I had to go to the ER today because of a severe allergic reaction. One nasty word to sum it all up - hives. It's a bit scary; this has happened to me last year, as well. The doctors and I cannot think of a single thing that has caused these allergies. Thinking back these past few days, I have not eaten food that I normally don't eat, haven't used new skin products or laundry detergent, nada! Just like last time. Actually, last time was beyond horrible. The night before my daughter's 2nd birthday party, I started to get a couple of mosquito bite-looking hives. Thinking they were just insect bites, I ignored them. That following morning, my eye lids, chest, neck, legs, hands, and arms were swarming with swollen hives. I had to wear sunglasses during my daughter's in-door party; struggling with such discomfort, but maintaining composure with a smile. Soon after the party, my husband rushed me to the ER. Good grief!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
My day at the ER
When I was at the ER today, they pumped several types of treatments in me through the use of an IV. I'm feeling a lot better, but just so groggy from the heavy medication they had sent me home with. The most important discharge instruction: "If you feel like your throat or tongue is swelling up, don't drive here. Call 911!" Yup, that's assuring.
Posted by Lianne at 8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I too will break out in hives for no apparant reason. Mine look like chicken pox, but they are not, and yours sound much more severe. I do believe mine are due to stress. Go figure!
Wow. Hope today is a better day. My hubby too lately has said he has hives. I haven't done anything different either. It has not gotten that bad just the irritation and bumps. I told him to go see a doctor but you know men.
Post a Comment