
Mary had nominated me for the Honest Scrap award. In participating with this interesting activity, I am suppose to nominate seven people to do the same. And those seven must past it on, and so on, and so on. However, I don't follow (read on a frequent basis) that many blogs and the few people that I do follow, have already been nominated. So I think I will turn on my short-cut mode and go on ahead with what this is asking of me.
10 Interesting Things About Me
1. My husband Jason and I were raised in the same small suburban city located in the East Bay Area. Our homes were a mere three blocks away from each other. Soon after finishing up high school, we were introduced by a mutual friend. What a wonderful story to tell our children!
2. Growing up, I was the only one in my family of six whom did not have to wear glasses. My oldest sister would tease me and say that I was adopted. So, on a daily basis, I secretly wore my Dad's glasses when he wasn't looking to mess up my vision (so stupid). My next eye check up, my doctor had given me glasses. Luckily, I was to only wear them when I felt the need to.
3. Most years of my education were at Catholic private schools. K-8, high school, and my first semester of college. After that first semester, I knew I needed to try new things!
4. On my mother's side, I am one out of 39 grandchildren!
5. I never leave my house without antibacterial gel.
6. I rarely drink, and on the occasions that I do, it must be a drink that does NOT taste like alcohol.
7. In college, I was in the Dean's List a few times.
8. One of my fondest teen-hood memories was on my 16th birthday. When I was in the school lunch room, my Dad had gotten the secretary to announce on the PA that I needed to go the office immediately. Thinking I was in trouble, I walked over there and saw my dad. Apparently, he had asked permission from the principal to excuse me for the rest of my classes that day. When I asked him where we were going, he said it was a surprise. The surprise turned out to be a spontaneous trip to the DMV where I got my license.
9. I LOVE Red Velvet Cake! Especially the recipe they use at Sprinkles Cupcakes.
10. A personal dream that I have, is to meet all of you loss mamas in person one day. We should hold a one-week convention in Hawaii. Imagine all of us drinking out of coconuts under a cabana off the beach. Wouldn't that be so awesome?

2 comments:
Love the Hawaii idea. I would like to meet everyone too and that would be a very good place to have it.
I too had 12 years of catholic schooling.
I'm in...just tell me when!
Post a Comment