Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Blogging Before Bedtime

A common question I get when I meet new people: "Do you have any kids?"

My reply: "Yes, I have two. One's three, and the other one was stillborn this past April."

It's pretty surprising with the amount of people that have congratulated me on the new baby. I enunciate the word "Stillborn," but I guess a lot of people in this world have not ever heard of such a thing and choose to hear the word "Born." Then, I am at the point where I have to explain to them what it is, how it happens, how in several cases is inevitable, yada yada yada.

I love the people who show compassion and concern.
I hate the people who have the audacity to ask if I did drugs or smoked during my pregnancy (you people need to GOOGLE STILLBORN CAUSES)
I love the people who cry with me when I tell my story.
I hate the people who brush it off by asking another quick question to change the awkward topic.
I love the people who ask me questions about Joshua and my time with him during pregnancy.
I hate the people who look at me with a blank face and say, "Oh okay," and just leave it at that. (Bad karma for you people)

"Hate" is such a strong word. I really don't hate these people. Replace my previous "Hates" with "Dislikes" please. Thank you!

My eyes are getting heavy, and I really need to go to bed soon. So to sum up my short absence from blog-world, I...

-accepted a job offer that I could not pass (full-time).
-have returned to school to pursue my interest in Respiratory Therapy (12 units this quarter).
-have been waking up at 5:30AM during the week to: tidy up the house, shower, get dressed, make breakfast, etc.... all in time before Maui wakes up so I can play with her for a good two hours before driving her to school and heading off for work.


Good night, World!

2 comments:

Tina said...

It is so hard to juggle it all isn't it? I completely agree with all love/dislike list. I know some people just don't know how to respond, but then there are those who are so compassionate and just seem to have the right words to say. Hope all is well. xx

Mary said...

I recently had this question come up at work. I knew it was coming but still could not find the words. I will have to learn how I will be comfortable answering with.

Glad to see you are going into something you like.