Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Awake and Alone

Jason came home feeling so tired because he scrubbed in back to back rhinoplasties (reconstructive nose surgeries) at work, and Maui didn't nap at all today. So they both fell asleep at 8:00, which is way too early for me.


Maui may look more like me, but her personality is all from her Daddy. Both of them are extremely outgoing, energetic, and passionate about laughter. I, on the other hand, am more of the laid back, mellow, soft-spoken type of soul.

As I sit in our quiet living room, I wonder to myself if my little angel baby is sitting on the couch with me. I wonder, would he have taken after his Daddy and big sis? Or would he have balanced out this family by taking after me? It aches my heart that I have to wait a whole lifetime to find out. I miss him so much.

0 comments: