It's raining here in the Bay Area. Not a pleasant drizzle with a light breeze, but nasty, ugly, pouring rain. I am not fond of this weather for two particular reasons:
1. A car accident that happened when my brother and I were driving home from high school (him a senior and I a freshman). After making a right turn, we hyroplaned and crashed into a tree. Luckily, we had no major injuries.
2. It rained heavily during Joshua's funeral. I felt that the pain weighing my heart was strong enough for the angels above to cry over. That day, my father in law, uncles, and brother constantly tried to hold an unbrella over Jason and I. But our numbing agony did not mind the weather. We were a mess. After his burial, my bare knees (I wore a dress) were sinking on top of his muddy grave as I repeatedly wept out his name. Horrible visual, I know... I'm thankful my parents were there to care for my daughter and make sure she did not see me in that state.
________________________
I am aware that my recent blogs have been a bit morbid. And for that, I apologize. I hate that what I have to share is not delightful. To tell you the truth, my day-to-day living is considerably functional. I get through the day with a smile and a good laugh, but in the end... grief takes over.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Rain Rain Go Away
Posted by Lianne at 4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh Lianne you do not need to apologize for you recent posts. This is supposed to be your safe place where you can express your feelings, whatever they may be. I think most of us who have lived through losing a child will understand that this is not you all the time. Remember we are going through the same pain, and we understand. xx
Post a Comment