Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm Back (Again) =]

Often times, I felt that I would never return to this blog again. I thought that maybe, I could be one of those "normal" looking moms walking down the street. But who am I kidding? I never will be.

Not that this is anything to be ashamed of, because I have come to accept me, my life, and everything else that God has offered me.

In the past weeks that I have been MIA from the livelihood of blogging, I have started to see the glass half-full. As cheesy as hell as this may sound, it is true.

I'd like to end this blog with an anecdote that occured last week...

Last Thursday, I was having one of those days. You know, the type of day where you come home feeling so ready to hit the sheets and snore your head off. Anyhoo, I was awakened from a sound that was coming from my daughter's room. It sounded like a quick "clinkity-clank" sound. Since the sound only lasted for about three seconds, tired me didn't think much of it and went back to sleep.

Come morning time, I went to my daughter's room to begin my weekday morning routine (pick out her preschool clothes while I let her sleep in for a few more minutes). But what did I find last Friday morning to throw off my weekday morning routine? Maui's kitchen set on the floor. It seemed that these pots, pans, and tiny plates may have fallen off her play-kitchen. But what made this odd was that they were configured on the floor as if it wasn't accidental.

When she awoke, we engaged in conversation as I was getting her dressed:

Me: Good morning Sleepy Head.
Maui: Morning, Mama.
Me: Hmmm, did anything strange happen last night?
Maui: I think Joshua visited me. *smiling like a proud big sister*
Me: Oh really, how is he?
Maui: He's a big baby now, not like before.
Me: Is Joshua-Boy talking now?
Maui: No, but his smile is funny. He has two teeth now.

---------

A lot of children have an imagination that compels them to make up random fibs. But, I believe her. How would my little girl know that one-year old Joshie-Boy's teeth would be coming out now?

So mind boggling.

3 comments:

With Out My Punkin said...

wow! He is ok and letting you know.

Glad you are back, been thinking of you!

Mary said...

I have been thinking of you too. I have been praying that everything has been better for you.

I love that Maui had some fun with Joshua.

As for being "normal", it will be a one day at a time to be "normal" on this side of loss.

Unknown said...

How precious! I believe her too :)

love and prayers
elena